Every year, in looking at my goals, plans and dreams for the year, I evaluate WHY I'm doing what I'm doing. Running a business is hard and there are some serious ups and downs.
Yet our reason for being has never wavered: to make our customers feel like they can take on the world.
When I first dreamed of starting a swimwear brand, I wanted to show more women DOING. I was tired of the old paradigm--women that could only be seen a pretty and sexy and weren't capable of throwing down. This idea bothered me. Why couldn't women be seen as both beautiful and strong? Why couldn't a female athlete be a babe and also a top tier competitor? And for that matter, why did the media always reward a woman's looks over her skills?
I'm an athlete. AND I'm a woman. I'm allowed to be both.
I wanted swimwear that reflected that.
Our purpose, our reason for being, is to empower women to feel good in their bodies. I've fit enough women at this point to know that it's not something that comes easily for us. Women are hard on themselves. Full stop.
I'm tired of it.
I'm tired of seeing strong, beautiful and talented women tear themselves down because they don't like their own butts. I'm tired of the societal pressures, the patriarchal lens of the media that makes young women feel like they have to be overtly sexy to get noticed or feel worthy. I'm tired of women not feeling like they're enough. I'm tired of it.
It's time to reclaim our power. It's time to break the paradigm that women can't be both beautiful and strong.
That's why we exist.
To inspire you to take action. To create a sense of possibility. To show you that you CAN. To remove some of the fear of trying something new because you have a crew of women that have your back.
We make swimwear to show you what's possible. We make swimwear for you to tap into your super hero-ness. So you can release what's holding you back, step into your power and really embody the bad ass that you are.
I love you. You are enough. You are worthy.
How we work to inspire confidence:
- By using "real" women in our photoshoots
- By showing plus-size women in our swimwear
- By making up to XXL (with plans to expand!) in our pieces
- By telling stories about the rad women in our community
- By promoting inclusion, acceptance and love
- By prioritizing sessions
- By promoting healthy competition
- By welcoming and encouraging all womxn to try their hand at the sports we love, and by showing the way
- By designing pieces that move with your body instead of holding you back
- By hooting, hollering and cheering when our sisters drop in on big waves, learn new tricks, push out of their comfort zones, or celebrate a win.
- By offering private business and mindset mentoring with Sensi
I'm so glad you're here. Shop our latest collection below.