- Celebrate small victories!
- Be patient with yourself
- Have gratitude for the down time
- Try something new that you wouldn’t normally do if you weren’t injured.
- Meditate and visualize a successful recovery
- Optimize your diet
- do your best to eliminate inflammatory foods and supplement your diet to feed your injury
- Lay off the booze. Every drink you have is distracting your body from recovering
- When you’re feeling lazy and don’t want to do your daily PT… blast some tunes and get after it!
I met a man on a kite trip in Baja last year. He was born completely deaf and I didn’t know a lick of sign language at the time. But we were so drawn to each other that I decided to take a chance on him and learn ASL (American Sign Language) to be able to communicate and build the relationship that we have now. It is one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done and I have so much more to learn, but holy cow it is incredibly rewarding! I’ve learned so much about patience and the non-verbal communication that humans are instantly equipped with.
Thanks Anna! You rock. Shop Anna's favorite Sensi Swim pieces below.